My hands smell like bananas because they are covered in new-skin, and they are covered in new-skin because I was out doing yard
I have had this site for about 8 years, and in all of that time I have always hand-coded everything, even my journal.
Journal software has come a long way since then, and my webhost makes it even easier to use by offering wordpress as a handy little widget that you can add with (literally) the click of a button. No messy downloading, and installing, and then futzing with something like MoveableType.
So about a month ago I clicked the button and added a wordpress blog to my site, and then I let it just sit there while I re-designed the rest of the site. And then I let it just sit there a little longer because the task of then taking the wordpress blog and editing all of the CSS and HTML so that it matched the rest of the re-designed site was exhausting to contemplate.
I finally decided to bite the bullet and just get it done. I found and imported the most simple theme that I could find that matched my general requirements (I used the “Journalist” theme) and then proceeded to completely change it. I will probably still tweak it a bit here and there as I go along, but on the whole I am pretty happy that I got it to more or less match everything else.
If you want to look at all of my older journal entries, check out the “Archives” section of the site.